Healthy Living: From Hygiene to Cryotherapy
The decision to live a healthier lifestyle requires motivation and consistency. Making too many abrupt changes at once often leads to an overwhelming feeling and ultimately failure. A better solution for healthy living includes a gradual process of lifestyle change, utilizing the best options that work for you. There are many natural ways to begin your path to a healthier lifestyle. Here are a few steps to follow:
Step 1: Food
- Rid yourself of any food that is high in unhealthy fats, like trans or saturated. They can raise your cholesterol increasing your risk of heart disease.
- Eat whole foods rather than processed foods. Do not limit yourself to eating the same things, choose variety (including various colors of fruits and vegetables) and balance.
- Minimize or eliminate foods with high sugar levels, including some fruit juices, sodas, white bread, and most dessert foods.
- Eat more alkaline foods, such as kale, spinach, broccoli, avocado, quinoa, almonds, etc.
- Although there are some exceptions, try to avoid pre-packaged foods and foods needing to be microwaved. These tend to be those high in preservatives and sodium, while low in nutritional value.
Step 2: Hygiene
- Maintain great hygiene, your teeth and feet tell more about your health than you might think. We encourage flossing and cleaning your feet regularly.
- Shower once a day! Especially if you have engaged in sweat inducing activities. It rids your body of germs, bacteria, and will decrease your chances of getting sick.
- Only wear clothes that are clean.
Step 3: Exercise
- We know this might not be everyone’s favorite word, but if it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you.
- Living healthy only requires exercising 2 to 3 times per week for 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the individual).
- Walking or biking is a great alternative to driving, and is an easy way to get your blood flowing without stepping into the gym.
Step 4: Know How CERULEAN Can Help
- Whole Body Arctic Cryotherapy (WBC): this is a key component to any lifestyle change. WBC improves your health from the inside out by reducing inflammation, improving skin health, improving immune function, increasing your metabolism and promoting better sleep.
- Body Composition & Cellular Health Testing: one of the most important ways to live an effective healthy lifestyle is to know what works for you. Knowing your body composition before determining your lifestyle changes you will make is imperative to monitoring the changes in your health that truly matter. CERULEAN’s Body Composition & Cellular Health Testing measures your total body fat, lean mass and body water. Hydration testing determines how well you are absorbing nutrients, and if you are adequately hydrated to optimize fat burning. Understanding and tracking this vital health information is much more beneficial than tracking scale weight, as it objectively monitors what is working for you!
- Altitude Fitness Classes: Did you know high altitude training is an awesome and extremely efficient way to improve your health? CERULEAN has the largest, mask-free, high altitude training room in the United States. Training in a high altitude room gives more of a competitive edge because your body induces a physiological response that allows improved endurance, recovery time, and caloric expenditure (up to 150% more than at normal altitude). Altitude training at CERULEAN truly allows you to workout smarter and optimizes the effectiveness of your training.
Healthy living has become easier than ever before due to more access to gyms, whole and organic foods readily found in neighborhood stores, and awesome training centers like CERULEAN Advanced Fitness & Wellness Center located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Our healthy lifestyle experts will guide you through our services and help you determine what is best suited for you and your goals.
For more information, call 480-362-3622 or click here to schedule online.