Tips for Avoiding Inflammation
There are two different types of inflammation, acute and chronic. Acute inflammation is classified as an initial response to an injury or tissue damage, whereas chronic inflammation is the inflammatory reaction to a more persistent problem and causes more lasting damage to cells. Both can be painful and uncomfortable for those suffering, and reducing inflammation, noninvasively, is something we believe can and should be done.
Reducing inflammation can start with eating the right foods. We have compiled a list of foods that have anti-inflammatory properties:
- Olive oil
- Leafy greens: kale, spinach, and collard greens
- Almonds and walnuts
- Fruits: oranges, cherries, blueberries, and strawberries
- Fatty fish: salmon, sardines, mackerel, and tuna
- Coffee (in moderation)
How CERULEAN can help:
- Whole Body Arctic Cryotherapy can help with both acute and chronic inflammation: during a 3-minute session, anti-inflammatory proteins are sent throughout the body to reduce inflammation and relieve pain that may be caused by underlying problems. For optimal results, we recommend 2-3 sessions per week.
- Localized Arctic Cryotherapy: the session targets a specific area of the body to accelerate healing of injuries, pain and inflamed areas by simply applying the most effective type of cold therapy directly to the area of discomfort. Localized cryotherapy allows us to treat specific areas, such as the feet or hands, that cannot be targeted during a session of Whole Body Arctic Cryotherapy It is effective for both acute and chronic swelling.
- Dynamic Hypobaric Conditioning Therapy: the therapy uses an “egg-shaped” hypobaric POD that creates an atmosphere surrounding the body that uses natural and tolerable cycles of barometric change that results in whole body pneumatic compression. This is an alternative path for pain management that results in a decrease of swelling. It is particularly effective for chronic inflammation, but will also lead to rapid recovery from an acute inflammatory process as well.
- Sport Compression Recovery Therapy: using NORMATEC sport compression leggings, this therapy will improve circulation, flexibility, and recovery time from physical exercise or for those who have limited ability from injury or chronic issues. One of its many benefits is reduced swelling in the lower body, which may also decrease the risk of recurrent injury.
If you are suffering from acute or chronic inflammation, the modalities at CERULEAN are an all-natural, non-invasive way to help reduce it and the pain and health concerns it might cause. To learn more about our services at CERULEAN call us at 480-362-3622.
Click here to schedule your Whole Body Arctic Cryotherapy session.