The last thing you need is a rough cold or a bout of the flu taking you out for a couple weeks. Let’s prevent this scenario by keeping your immune system strong.
Follow these simple tips to stay in the clear:
- Keep your fruit and vegetable intake high! Getting the proper amounts of micronutrients will keep your immune system going strong.
- Avoid drinking and smoking. Both activities impair the immune system.
- Step outside! Getting 10-15 minutes of sunlight per day and consider a vitamin d supplement if its right for you.
- Catch your z’s. Insufficient sleep negatively impacts the immune system. Aim for 7-9 hours per night.
- Minimize stress. Stress can shut down immune function. Try managing stress with mediation or exercise.
Using these 5 tips will keep your immune system bolstered and strong as we head into the upcoming flu season. Stay healthy!