LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE
Lymphatic massage, also called lymphatic drainage or manual lymph drainage, is a technique developed in Germany for the treatment of lymphedema. The lymph system is the only system in the body without a pump. It relies on contractions of our skeletal muscle and smooth muscle cells for natural drainage, which is generally accomplished with daily natural movement. However, when a person’s mobility is limited or after lymph nodes have been removed (most often a mastectomy for breast cancer), this natural drainage of the lymph is quickly compromised and requires external help via periodic manual lymphatic drainage massages.
WHAT WE OFFER
CERULEAN’s medical-grade 48 cuffs Lower body Compression Therapy (BOA) device provides a more wide-ranging treatment than traditional manual lymphatic massages that are limited to the masseuse’s two hands. BOA uses 24-individualized cuff pockets in each leg to massage the entire circumference of the leg concurrently while applying pressure up to 140mmHg.
How does the BOA affect the body?
This approach delivers a more effective, consistent and repeatable treatment, massage after massage. In addition, the BOA unit is equipped with a biofeedback feature that individualizes and adapts the massage to each person specific body or as the person’s condition improves over time.
We also recommend combining your session with Whole Body Arctic Cryotherapy (WBAC) before each massage to increase the efficacy of your treatment.
The operator-free aspect of the Lower body Compression Therapy (BOA) unit renders the price per massage to average well below $1 per minute.
In contradiction with the traditional pre-packaged offering of manual massages, massage time with BOA will adapt and vary in length based on the biofeedback received by the device during the session, thereby, adjusting the massage to YOUR specific body. Expect the session to average between 42 mins to 55 minutes.
Introductory BOA massage: $30
Single BOA massage: $45
Single BOA massages combined with WBAC: $65
Package of (10) BOA massages: $350
Package of (10) BOA massages combined with WBAC: $525
For more information or to book by phone, call us at 480.362.3622.
Other benefits of Lower body Compression Therapy include:
- Decreased inflammation in lower body
- Improved circulation to aid with conditions such as DVT or Compartment Syndrome
- Prevent the development of cellulite prophylaxis
- Reduce the accumulation of cellulite and liquid
- Prevention and elimination of early varicose
- Shaping legs, abdomen, buttocks
- Strengthening loose skin (result of pregnancy, obesity)
- Immediate relief for “heavy legs” syndrome
- Rapid recovery, improved results, and natural tightening of the skin following liposuction, laser lipolysis, cavitation or CoolSculpting procedures
- Flushing of toxins (lymphatic mobilization) prior to or following an athletic competition