Have you ever been out and about and suddenly have a huge energy crash…only to realize you haven’t eaten since the morning?
When working hard to achieve or maintain a healthy weight, it is important to feed your body with high-quality fuel. Having high protein snacks on hand will help stop cravings, increase energy, and keep blood sugar levels stable.
If you’re wondering what you should keep at the ready- we’ve got you covered below!
- Hard Boiled Eggs: Inexpensive and delicious. One hard-boiled egg packs 6g of protein along with vitamins and minerals like; selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, zinc, iron, and copper.
- Portioned Packs of nuts: Buy them in bulk and portion them yourself! This will save money and give you healthy fats and protein.
- Cheese Sticks: Look for all-natural cheese sticks. They come individually wrapped and make an easy grab and go source of protein.
- Hummus single pack & Veggies: Chickpeas pack a high protein punch and taste great with micronutrient dense vegetables.
- Protein Powder in a shaker bottle: Keep this ready to go so all you have to do is add water! Read the label carefully for artificial sugars.
Enjoy these snacks to keep your brain and body ready for anything!